Create Global Auction Listing
Creating a Global auction listing on Hammer Sold is extremely easy and highly automated. Once you assemble your listing assets and creative elements, the actual list create process is intuitive and straight forward. If you save your listing as a draft before activating you can review your listing as it will look on the auction site.
In addition to this step by step guide you can view the support video on Creating a Global Auction Listing on Hammer SOLD!
You need these things to create a Global auction listing.
- Vehicle Details – when creating a Global listing the placeholder VIN does not prepopulate the details form. You must enter the year range, marque, model, submodel(s), body(ies), transmission, exterior color palette, interior color palette and mileage range for the vehicle being listed. For Global listings, vehicles are not restricted to vehicle types in the Hammer SOLD! categories list.
- Title and Subtitle Headlines – make, model, year etc. and your top selling feature – up to 80 characters per.
- Description Text and Cloud Image Links – write up your story, add the vehicles history and features and insert image hyperlinks wherever possible to support your narrative including MSRP sticker, build sheets, service records etc.
- Image Suite – up to 20 images that are the sizzle and pop
You will need these things done before you log in to Hammer SOLD!
- Create Your Description – use HTML with inserted image hyperlinks. to ensure that your listing description is responsive on all form factors – mobile phones, pads, laptops and desktops use the HTML template, or have your web support or one of our resource providers draft your listing.
- Assemble Your Images – order doesn’t matter you can move them around after they are uploaded to Hammer SOLD!
To start the listing create process select the Global category, the currency that you expect to be paid in and the marque in the dynamic menu tree. This will define where your vehicle will be displayed and where it can be found by anyone searching by currency or marque, model, submodel or body.
Auction is preselected as it is the only available listing type. There are no classified ads or their proxies such as buy it now.
Select the currency for your auction listing. This is the currency you expect to be paid in. This should be the same as the currency previously selected for the auction listing category. Hammer SOLD! does not translate currencies so all bids will be in the currency you select here.
Enter the placeholder VIN ‘00000000000000000’ – 17 zeros – in place of a specific VIN in the SC Sage VIN Verification field. Submit to check the VIN in the database. The VIN will load with no data. Edit each of the details fields using any alpha numeric string, entering the parameters of your listing in the respective fields.
- Title and Subtitle – add a title up to 80 characters, a subtitle up to 80 characters.
- Description – select source to toggle the HTML CK Editor and paste in HTML or build a description using the standard text editor.
- Starting Bid and Reserve Price – enter a starting bid and a reserve price if you want to hold a reserve auction. minimum bid size and increments do not apply to Global auction listings.
- Accept Offers – you can optionally select to accept offers from potential buyers. offers are integrated into the Hammer SOLD! platform as a means of negotiating a price with prospective buyers.
- Add Images – select add images to upload images for the listing. up to 20 images are allowed. move the images into the preferred order after upload. the first image will be the image on the listing thumbnail.
- YouTube Video – if you would like to feature a video, upload it to youtube and enter the youtube video link. you can also embed video in an HTML description.
- Premium Listing Options – additional premium listing options are available. if you would like to add a premium listing option check the box for the option. the options and pricing are as described. charges are assessed at the time of listing activation.
- Payment Instructions and Invoice Comments – if you have set default payment instructions or invoice comments in My Account in your admin portal you can change them here. note that these settings are meant to be your generic policies. changes made here will reset the default settings which affects all auction listings current and future.
- Start Date and Time – use the calendaring function to set your auction start date and optionally the auction start time. leave blank to start immediately upon activation.
- Duration – select a duration segment. this is how long the auction runs before it ends or relists if there is no hammer.
- Automatic Relist – select the number of times to relist the auction if there is no hammer. relisting is fully automated. if the field is left empty the auction will not relist. by combining duration and auto relist, auctions can run from as few as one day up to six months.
- Save as Draft – select SAVE DRAFT to review. it is important to save as a draft before activating in order to review your listing.
- Review and Edit Listing – click on the listing image to view the listing. select edit to edit if required.
- Activate to Push Live – When you are satisfied with your listing select ACTIVATE LISTING and get ready for the hammer!