Create a Listing
Before You Start
Creating an auction or classified listing on Hammer World is extremely easy and highly automated. Once you assemble your listing’s creative assets the list create process is straight forward.
Auction and classified listings are very similar and do not require separate instruction. Please use these create listing instructions as a guide for creating both types of listings.
In addition to this step by step guide you can view the support video on creating a listing on Hammer World.
Step 1 - Required Assets and Creative
You need these things to create a listing.
- Title and Subtitle Headlines – make, model, year etc. and your top selling feature – up to 80 characters per.
- Description Text and Cloud Image Links – write up your story, add the vehicles history and features and insert image hyperlinks wherever possible to support your narrative including MSRP sticker, build sheets, service records etc.
- Image Suite – up to 20 images that are the sizzle and pop.
Step 2 - Ready Your Offline Content
You will need these things done before you log in to Hammer World
- Create Your Description – prepare to add text and images directly or draft HTML with inserted image hyperlinks. to ensure that your listing description is responsive on all form factors – mobile phones, pads, laptops and desktops use the HTML template, or have your web support or one of our resource providers draft your listing.
- Assemble Your Images – order doesn’t matter you can move them around after they are uploaded to Hammer World.
- Pull Your Autocheck report – log in to SC Sage and migrate to the Vehicle Page app. enter your member email address and VIN and submit. migrate to the bottom of the page and click on the Experian Autocheck bar. this will generate your report. and the report will be visible to anyone who submits your VIN to the Vehicle Page app – no log in or email address required. a link to the autocheck report will be automatically added to the listing once it is activated. view a video on pulling an Autocheck report.
Step 3 - Log In to Hammer World Migrate to Create Listing
To start the listing select My Accout > Create Listing +.
Select the vehicle marque category and the applicable subcategories in the dynamic menu tree. This will define where your vehicle will be displayed and where it can be found when searching Hammer World. Wanted ads have no subcategory.
Select auction or classified as the listing type. The only differences are price and duration options. Buy it now is not available for auctions, use classified ads for buy it now.
Select the currency for your listing.
Step 4 - Run VIN Check to Populate the Details Form
Enter the vehicle’s VIN in the SC Sage VIN Check field. Submit to check if the VIN is in the SC Sage database. If the VIN is in the database this will pull up a prepopulated form from the SC Sage database that becomes an essential part of the listing page. If the VIN is not in the database the form will pull up ready to edit. Edit the form to fit the vehicle’s specifications. All form fields are required.
Step 5 - Create Your Listing Description and Pricing
- Title and Subtitle – add a title up to 80 characters, a subtitle up to 80 characters.
- Description – select source to toggle the HTML CK Editor and paste in HTML or build a description using the standard text editor.
- Starting Bid and Reserve Price – for auctions enter a starting bid and a reserve price if you want to hold a reserve auction. since the minimum bid size under $25,000 is $5,000 dollars, a minimum starting bid of $25,000 is recommended. for non US dollar listings auctions are in the selected currency – not US dollars. all bids are in the selected currency.
- Accept Offers – for auctions you can optionally select to accept offers from buyers. offers are integrated into the Hammer World platform as a means of negotiating a price with buyers.
- Price – for classified ads optionally enter a price. for non US dollar listings price is in the selected currency – not US dollars.
Step 6 - Add Images and a Video Link
- Add Images – select add images to upload images for the listing. up to 10 images are allowed. move the images into the preferred order after upload. the first image will be the image on the listing thumbnail. a minimum of five images is recommended when listing on the Motorsport Network.
- Add Images Desktop – select add images. locate and upload image files stored on the desktop, pad or mobile phone.
- Add Images Web – select add images. right click on an image from any website, cloud storage, photo sharing site or any other online image source. copy and paste the image link.
- YouTube Video – to feature a video, enter its youtube video link.
Step 7 - Select Premium Listing Options
Step 8 - Schedule the Listing
- Auction and Classified Start Date and Time – optionally use the calendaring function to set the listing start date or listing start time. leave this blank to start listing immediately.
- Auction Duration – select an auction duration. this is how long the auction runs before it ends or relists if there is no sale. auctions can run from 1 to 30 days.
- Automatic Auction Relist – select the number of times to relist an auction if there is no sale. up to three automatic relistings can be set. if the field is left empty the auction will not relist. relisting is fully automated. by combining duration and auto relist, auctions can run from as few as one day up to three months. automated relisting in not available for classified ads.
- Classified Ad Duration – select a duration segment for classified ads. this is how long the classified ad runs before it ends. classified ads can be 15, 30 or 45 days in duration or Good-Till- Cancelled.
Step 9 - Create Listing or Save as Draft, Review and Activate
- Create Listing – select CREATE LISTING. to list immediately. you can review and edit your listing later if required.
- Save as Draft – select SAVE DRAFT. to save as a draft before activating in order to review your listing.
- Review Listing – click on the listing image to review your listing.
- Edit Listing – click on the edit button to edit your listing.
- Activate to Push Live – when you are ready to start the listing select ACTIVATE LISTING.